Sensitive Skin (TV, 2014)


Truly, I'm very surprised. I'm surprised how many people talking about how fabulous different series are (but actually no, not even close!), I'm surprised when someone putting 'Mad Men' with 'Masters of Sex' on the same shelf (second one is just 'eh', fantasy drama and that's it), or writing about completely boring and pretentious series how genius and great they are. Pf.
But what makes my eyes really wide open is a complete (or almost complete) ignore of really outstanding, great, amusing series. Just like 'Sensitive Skin' with fabulous Kim Catrall. 
Oh well... No one writes about it, so it's my pleasure to do this...


 The plot: Davina, beautiful woman in her mid-age, has a very sensitive period in her life. She's afraid to get old, moves from a house to a loft loses her patience, and feels a little bit bored. Davina is a very touching and extraordinary person, with a very fragile inner world. She works in an art gallery.
Her husband, Al, is also a very interesting man. He's a writer for a newspaper, he has a very good sense of humor and hypochondriac, which makes him even funnier.


Their son Orlando...hmmm...depressive young man, his tragic thoughts could be taken on quotes and somehow make me smile all the time. Black humor is a good humor sometimes.


'Sensitive Skin' is a pure beauty. The script, the actors, director's and operator's work, the soundtrack, the style...After many trials of watching new series, I can't remember so harmonic, honest and clever one.
If you search for analogs - 'Sensitive Skin' is like a mix of 'Girls' and 'Looking' in the best way.


A subtle sense of humor, perfectly made scenes, charming characters, delicious dialogues...
And Kim Cattrall, gorgeous Kim Cattrall.


 If you still think, that Kim would be always Samantha from Sex and the City, you're completely wrong, my dear friend. In this case, I can easily say, that Samantha was the only role you've seen Kim in.


I don't know why no one noticed 'Sensitive Skin'. This piece deserves great comments, good critics, it deserves fans. Oh finally, it deserves to have a normal article on Wiki, normal iTunes release, normal IMDB page.


'Sensitive Skin' is a remake of British series, with the same title, but I'm not sure if really want to watch the original one.


The views of the City are also very beautiful. The city is also like a biggest, but the most silent character of the series.


And this mysterious man standing on a picture below is my favorite. That's all I can say about him, without making spoilers.


Find it, watch it, love it. Believe me, for many of you 'Sensitive Skin' will be like a dessert, like something, that makes you feel warm, no matter how cold is outside.
That's for sure the best series for the Autumn.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. You are right, I have never heard of this before, and I watch tons of TV shows. Now it's on my to watch list. Thanks ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's trully the best women show in this year. Or even last few years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why wouldn't you want to watch the original one? I haven't heard of this before, but it does seem like an interesting show to catch! In fact, I have started to watch an old series myself and I seeing as it only has three seasons I might try this one afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment